Filed under: Volunteer
Call for Nominations for the RMOUG Board Of Directors 2014-2015
The Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group continues to be the leading locally organized user group in the country. The success of RMOUG can be attributed to its members, the volunteers who support the activities of the users group, and the Board of Directors who provides direction for the users group.
The RMOUG bylaws require the regular election of the Board of Directors.
These bylaws (available online here) outline the makeup and duties of the Board of Directors:
- The range of the number of the Directors shall be an odd number between five and fifteen
- The management, control, and government of the Corporation (RMOUG) shall be vested in the Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall preserve, protect, and promote the interests of the Corporation and will be responsible for formulating the general policy of the Corporation in accordance with the expressions of the members
Note: current general policies for the users group can be found online here.
We are calling for campaign statements for candidates for the fiscal year starting 01-June 2014 and running through 31-May 2015.
To run for the Board of Directors, you must:
- Be able to participate in scheduled Board meetings (approximately 1 per month)
- Be a member of RMOUG in good standing
- Be willing and able to uphold the bylaws and policies of the organization
If you are interested in running for the Board of Directors, please prepare and submit a short campaign statement and biographical sketch. If you need some advice or help in this, please feel free to contact either Heidi Kuhn (executive director of RMOUG) or Tim Gorman (president of RMOUG). You should outline your reasons for running for the Board of Directors and your qualifications. If you are not a current member of the Board of Directors, you must list the event(s) or committee(s) on which you have participated and the name of a current Board member as a reference. Please limit your statement to approximately one page.
Campaign statements must be submitted no later than close of business on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 by email to the current RMOUG President at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the process or would like to see a sample statement, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!