Filed under: Volunteer
RMOUG – Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors 2012-2013
The Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group continues to be the leading locally organized user group in the country. The success of RMOUG can be attributed to its members, the volunteers who support the activities of the users group, and the Board of Directors who provides direction for the users group.
The RMOUG bylaws require the regular election of the Board of Directors.
These bylaws (available online at http://www.rmoug.org/about/bylaws/) outline the makeup and duties of the Board of Directors:
- The range of the number of the Directors shall be an odd number between five and fifteen.
- The management, control, and government of the Corporation (RMOUG) shall be vested in the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors shall preserve, protect, and promote the interests of the Corporation and will be responsible for formulating the general policy of the Corporation in accordance with the expressions of the members.
Note: current general policies for the users group can be found online at http://www.rmoug.org/about/policies/
It is time to begin the process by opening the call for Board Candidates for the fiscal year starting 01-June 2012 and running through 31-May 2013.
To run for the Board of Directors, you must:
- Be a RMOUG member in good standing;
- Be able to participate in scheduled Board meetings (approximately 1 per month)
- Be willing and able to uphold the bylaws and policies of the organization
- Have an e-mail address
- You must have actively participated as a volunteer on one or more RMOUG committee(s) or event(s).as spent at least one year a volunteer-at-large for the board or the RMOUG information systems group,
If you are interested in running for the Board of Directors, please prepare and submit a short campaign statement and biographical sketch. You should outline your reasons for running for the Board of Directors and your qualifications. If you are not a current member of the Board of Directors, you must list the event(s) or committee(s) on which you have participated and the name of a current Board member as a reference. Please limit your statement to approximately one page.
Campaign statements must be submitted no later than April 15, 2012 by email to the current RMOUG President at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the process or would like to see a sample statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org