RMOUG Training Days February 11-13, 2013
Training Days is an annual two-day, multi-track, training event with bonus pre-conference training opportunities. This event showcases the latest in Oracle and other technologies and techniques, and attracts well-known speakers from around the world. Packed with sessions from the most in-demand topics, Training Days has something for everyone, from novice to expert. The Exhibit Hall is full of companies ready to provide demonstrations of their products and services. Lunch and afternoon snack for both days are included in the conference fee. With all that this annual event offers, it is one of the best training values available.
RMOUG Training Days 2013 is proud to announce a new way to manage the event with the Guidebook Mobile App sponsored by Arisant. This application is available for download to all Apple and Android products. With a simple click of the “download guide” of the RMOUG guidebook, the attendee will be able to view schedules, build their own schedule and create reminders to notify them when it’s time for the session, event or keynote. Read biographies of your favorite presenters, information about the great supporters and exhibitors at the conference, along with crucial daily updates. Twitter and Facebook links allows the attendee to interact with the conference via social media and network with the conference like never before.
How it Works
- Go to http://guidebook.com/getit and follow the instructions on how you can install the app for FREE to your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- Once installed click on the Guidebook App Icon (pictured above) and then Select Download Guides.
- Search for RMOUG and select it (the RMOUG Training Days App will now be downloaded to your phone).
- Now that you have the FREE RMOUG Training Days App you can begin to build your schedule using the “Schedule” icon or — even better you can use the “Tracks” icon.
- To view your selections use the “My Schedule” icon.
- There are several other features that will allow you to Tweet, view Networking Opportunities, Sponsor information, and Maps of the Convention Center.
Don’t miss out on the last Quarterly Educational Workshop before Training Days
PIZZA is being sponsored by ECS Team for lunch
November 16, 2012
Oracle – Campus
7700 Technology Way
Denver, CO 80237
Building 3 (North Building)
Please go to:
Question please e-mail Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 303.948.1786
$15 visitor fee
7:45 am – 8:15 am Continental Breakfast
8:15 am – 9:15 am Essbase Calculations – Observations from the Road
9:25 am – 10:25 am Sherlock Holmes for the DBA
10:35 am -11:35 am Introduction to SOA and Oracle SOA Suite
11:45 am -12:45 pm CTO’s Perspective on Adding Geo-spatial and Location-Based Information to Your Data
12:45 pm – 1:45 pm Board Meeting
8:15 am – 9:15 am
Essbase Calculations – Observations from the Road
Chris Chase, Managing Partner @ The Bean Consulting Group
With nearly 25 years experience in software and database technology I thought I had seen all that programming had to offer; then I discovered Essbase. Learn some interesting observations regarding Essbase calculations accumulated over nearly 10 years of Hyperion implementations. We will discuss aggregations, allocations, eliminations, and driver-based calculations, commands and functions specific to Hyperion Planning, and some of the more confounding aspects such as block creation and cross dimensional operators.
9:25 am -10:25 am
Sherlock Holmes for the DBA
Kellyn Pot’Vin, Senior Technical Consultant @ Enkitec
The DBA has numerous tools, some requiring additional licenses, some standard to any environment. When problems arise, often the administrator is expected to, not only identify, but also correct the problem without impact and in short order. This presentation goes over a number of common Oracle errors and performance issues, showing what tools, tracing to AWR reports, along with how to utilize these to quickly assess a strategy to address problems when they develop to lessen the challenge to managing these types of environments.
Attendees will leave the session with a better understanding of trouble-shooting techniques and when to use what features, tools and reports to address issues.
10:35 am -11:35 am
Introduction to SOA and Oracle SOA Suite
Brian Statkevicus, Senior Consultant @ ECS Team and Greg Opie, Director of Architecture @ ECS Team
Almost everyone has heard of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Some people can accurately describe what it is and isn’t. This introductory session will cover:
• What is SOA?
• What are the business problems solved by implementing SOA?
• Oracle’s SOA Suite
• Demo of a sample business process using SOA Suite
• SOA Case Study
11:45 am – 12:45 pm
CTO’s Perspective on Adding Geo-spatial and Location-Based Information to Your Data
Bradley Brown, CEO/CTO @ InteliVideo
There is a considerable amount of free geo-spatial data available from the government and open source groups. This information can be quite helpful at providing more information about location-based data. For example, if you’re a property management company and you wanted to know close each of your properties are for anything from grocery stores to railroad tracks to flood plains, all of this information is available. If you wanted to know which homes are on a specific golf course, this data is available for free too.
In this presentation, Brad will share what geo-spatial data is available, where you can download the data, and what you might use the information for. You can also create your own layers of information and merge this into your queries. All of this can be done using an Oracle database (even the free version of Oracle) – i.e. without a mapping tool like ESRI. You can easily overlay this information onto Google maps or Google Earth. Brad will share PL/SQL code that will extract shapes into KML
7700 Technology Way
Denver, CO 80237
Oracle Technology Network (OTN) Invites You to Attend SysAdmin Day
Thursday August 23, 2012, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
500 Eldorado Blvd.
Building 1, Room 1125
Broomfield, CO 80021
Click here to register for free online!
OTN SysAdmin Days are live classroom events with two parallel hands-on Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux tracks. Attendees are required to bring a laptop to follow practical exercises in an Oracle VM VirtualBox environment.
Oracle Solaris Track
- Steps required to use ZFS, including taking snapshots, cloning data, managing your allocation limits, and recovering from errors.
- Oracle Solaris virtualization technologies, learning how to isolate or consolidate the OS, the storage, or the network.
- Oracle Solaris security – helping you walk through the steps to manage privileges, deal with rights and authorizations, and really understand how security is integrated with the Oracle Solaris Service Management Facility (SMF).
Oracle Linux Track
- Overview of Ksplice, zero downtime kernel updates that enable customers to apply security updates, patches and critical bug fixes without rebooting.
- Installing and configuring Oracle VM VirtualBox, importing the Oracle Linux virtual appliance
- Package management on Oracle Linux using RPM and yum.
- Linux services and run levels, how to start and stop them, checking the status of a particular service.
- Preparing block devices, creating physical and logical volumes.
- Introduction to the Btrfs file system.
Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c
- Learn about Oracle Server management and configuration control
- Explore Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux Management at the enterprise level
- See the Enterprise Manager Application to Disk Value
Best Practices for Deploying Oracle VM
In this session our best practices engineer will go over specific steps to prepare an environment so you can quickly and easily deploy Oracle VM and virtualize your servers, Learn:
- How to prepare your storage, network and planning of your guests for the deployment
- How you can use Oracle VM to rapidly virtualize and deploy to production enterprise applications in minutes
- Specific steps on how to validate and manage the server pools
Finally, we’ll spend the last hour listening to you. What are your most pressing problems? How can we help you do your job better? More easily? For less cost? Or with fewer mistakes?
Click here for an additional overview, agenda, sessions, and registration information.
Click here to register for free online!