RMOUG Minutes 9-16-2002

 MINUTES OF THE

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF

ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

 

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on September 16, 2002 at 4:30 p.m. at Littleton, Colorado.

 

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

 

Stanley Yellott

Ron Bich

Tim Gorman

Rick Hata

Jeff Meyer

 

Via Teleconference:

Debra Addeo

Diane Ambrose

Bill Schwartzkopf

 

Also in attendance:

Dan Fink

Heidi Kuhn

 

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

 

II. REPORTS.

 

A.     Report by Stanley Yellott

Stanley Yellott reported that he would like feedback on extending membership rates to Training Days to anyone who belongs to a User Group, i.e. Utah Users Group, IOUG-A, Tri-State Users Group, especially to those user groups who reciprocate our offer.  A discussion ensued about verifying membership.  Stan will work on a motion via e-mail for discussion.

 

Stan also wanted to know the status of e-mail updates via the web.  Ron is looking for an example of on-line I/0 information.  Debra will send some things to Ron.  Stan will contact FatCity to see what it would take to get the RMOUG-ANNOUNCE-L list server going.

 

The Northern Chapter of RMOUG met on September 4th.  There were about thirty people in attendance.  The group will provide volunteers to coordinate the logistics of holding meetings and for getting two speakers.  They have planned a meeting for Thursday, October 24th to be held at Agilent Technology.  Registration begins at 2:30, the first speaker will go from 3:00 to 4:00,  a break, then another speaker from 4:30 to 5:30.  If it takes off, they will think about expanding it.  RMOUG will help supply resources and will work on getting the rmoug-announce-l list server going so it can be published via e-mail.

 

A discussion ensued about offering Pikes Peak Oracle Users Group the same model as the Northern Chapter.  It was decided to see how well the first meeting works and then get together with the Pikes Peak Oracle Users Group to see what would work for them.

 

Stan would like to map out dates for Board Meetings/events for the remainder of the current fiscal year and maybe even the next.  He will send them via e-mail.

 

Stan also went over the budget spreadsheet provided by Jenny McGurk.  There is $52,635 in checking with a total of $6,621 in outstanding bills.

 

The next General Meeting will be November 15, 2002 at Metro State College of Denver’s Tivoli.  This is the same week as Oracle World.

 

 

B.     Report by Bill Schwartzkopf

Bill Schwartzkopf reported that Quest Software has purchased the Loveland Package with a Full-Page Color Ad.  Boss Consulting has also purchased an ad.  Sagelogix’s ad fell through.  Veritas and TEKsystems are interested, but they have not made any commitments.  Precise and SofTEC are waiting for a big issue like the Training Days one.  TUSC and MODE are both up for renewing their Newsletter Advertisements after the upcoming issue.

 

C.     Report by Diane Ambrose

Diane Ambrose reported that there were 33 responses to the Membership survey.  Most of them have been members for 3 ½ years and 1/3 of them were OCP certified.  She received quite a few volunteers and will forward the list to Rich.  There are currently 1584 (I was off by 11).

 

D.     Report by Ron Bich

Ron Bich reported that he has updated the SSL certificate on the Web Site and everything seems to be working fine.  He is still waiting for more information on the Web Services RFP.  Mincom is planning on responding, he has been swapping messages with Verio, and TUSC was more interested in web development then offering services.  Anyone interested in being on the Review Team needs to contact Rich Baca.  Ron would like to meet sometime between September 20th and the next Board Meeting.

 

Ron also reported that Chip Briggs has been helping with Web updates.  He is looking for two or three more volunteers and he really needs one person with Java experience.  Quest Software has offered some free software for help in developing the infrastructure.

 

E.      Report by Dan Fink

Dan Fink reported that there have been 20 abstracts submitted for Training Days.  There haven’t been very many from RMOUG members.  The Training Days committee would like to extend written invitations to the better speakers.

 

F.      Report by Tim Gorman

Tim Gorman reported that he would like to make Training Days more attractive by setting up package deals for attendees to purchase.  There would be no money outlay from RMOUG other than maybe sponsoring a Friday Night Party at the place that has been setup.

 

 

III.  ADOPTION OF DOCUMENTS/PLANS.

 

A.  The motion to approve releasing of Postal address information for one use only for a select group of speakers to receive a special invitation for Training Days 2003 was adopted by a majority vote of the Directors.

 

 

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on October 15, 2002, at 4:30, at Mincom.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

Debra Addeo

Secretary