RMOUG Minutes 8-27-2004






A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on August 27, 2004 at 7:32 a.m. at Denver, Colorado.


I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:


Tim Gorman

Bill Schwartzkopf

Ron Bich

Jeff Meyer

Robin Reed

Stanley Yellott


Also in attendance:

Kent Graziano

Heidi Kuhn

Barbara Lewis

Jim Zapapas




The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).





A.  Report by Tim Gorman.

Tim Gorman reported that he would like each Board Member to take their Bios and position descriptions and adapt it to their goals through May.  The Board Page on the website should include a Digital Picture, a bio, and focus for the RMOUG fiscal year.


For the Northern and Southern outreach groups, Tim wanted to know if any Board Member traveled to these areas or would be interested in doing so.


Tim also reported that the Training Days request for Abstracts are due Sept 7th.


B.  Report Ron Bich.

Ron Bich reported that the operating system is bundled with the hardware.  The Red Hat support will need to be purchased separately.  To do so, we might need to upgrade to 3.0.  We do not need Board approval is the purchase is below $500.


Ron would like to purchase a Bug Tracker program in order to track issues for the website.  This program is also able to track issues outside of the IT environment.  This program will e-mail issues to the person responsible for things like Training Days and Programs.  Right now, an evaluation version is installed.  The Board also discussed other bug tracking programs.


For the members-only web site, Ron would like two project manager volunteers.  So far we have one.  Ron also introduced Barbara Lewis who is now working on the web site maintenance.  The call for volunteers went out Tuesday.  Ron will work with Allison and see if Pine Creek might be interested in doing a project for School.  Ron would like to get the members only site going and get the database on the RMOUG servers and out of Heidi’s home.


Ron will send a Development link to the Board Members so they can concentrate on their focus areas for Web Maintenance.


The SSL production is up for renewal.  Heidi will get the paperwork in order.  Ron will also talk to George Lowenthal about needing a UAT SSL.



III.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on September 30 at the Denver Public Schools offices on 8th and Grant at 4:30 pm.


There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.





Robin Reed