RMOUG Minutes 8-22-2008

MINUTES OF THE

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF

ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

 

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on August 22, 2008 at 7:42 a.m.

 

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

 

Ron Bich

Linda Seley

John Peterson

 

Niklas Iveslatt

Allison Leech

Connie Shafer

Pat Van Buskirk

 

Also in attendance: Heidi Kuhn

 

 

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

 

II.  REPORTS.

 

A.  Report by Ron Bich.

Ron Bich reported that with the non-profit 501(c)3 status, that we need to evaluate our corporate structure. He would like to have a list of things to work with to move forward and be proactive on changes in the minutes and with Board positions.

 

Ron also reported that there seems to be confusing titles with the shared position roles and he would like to work on how we put them out to the public. This will be done off-line.

 

Ron also reported that the Bios and Pictures need to be updates on the website, for the newsletter, and for Training Days 2009. Everyone needs to send their information for the updates. Allison said that she would take the lead on publishing name and director positions in the Newsletter.

 

It was also brought up again that the @rmoug.org emails accounts are not always getting through. John Jeuenette volunteered information on the fact that ODTUG is going to go through Google Corporate mail service and he will give us information on how their transition goes. Pat Van Buskirk volunteered to also check into the Google accounts that will allow us to retain the @rmoug.org email accounts.

 

B.  Report by John Peterson.

John Peterson reported that he thinks it would be a good idea to add a new Board position titles Chairman onf the Board. This would be a senior advisor, but doesn’t necessarily be someone in an on-going active role. They would attend Board Meetings, but not be involved in the day to day activities. He will get some guidelines to put in place.

 

John also reported that the next Stan Yellott Scholarship application deadline is Sept 15th.the Board Members need to make sure their signatures are current on the NDA and Conflict of Interest Policy.

 

 

C.  Report by Allison Leech.

Allison Leech reported that she would like to get everything ready for the next newsletter by the first week of September. She needs a Letter from the President, A Board Corner, Bios and Pictures of the new Board, Calendar Items (especially Training Days information), Scholarship information, 501(c)3 status, and SIG stuff.

 

Allison also reported that Steven Feuerstein will be the keynote speaker for the November meeting. She has set out flyers announcing his workshop and let the Board know that he would like to partner with us on a location. If any Board members have ideas on seminar/workshop locations for 75-100 people, please let her know. Niklas said that he would check with Douglas County Schools, and Heidi will contact Joe Lamers with Metro State College of Denver.

 

B.  Report by Linda Seley.

Linda Seley reported that we should charge for Logos on the website. Other user groups and educational groups will not be charged for links. Business members can have links on the resources page, but they need to have at least an Individual Membership to RMOUG.

 

III.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held at 5p.m. on either September 9th or 11th at a location to be determined.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

John Peterson

Secretary