RMOUG Minutes 7-9-2002






A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on July 9, 2002 at 4:30 p.m. at Littleton, Colorado.


I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:


Stanley Yellott

Debra Addeo

Jenny McGurk

Diane Ambrose

Ron Bich

Jeff Meyer


Via conference call:

Rich Baca

Elizabeth Boss

Tim Gorman


Also in attendance:

Heidi Kuhn

Dan Fink


Also in attendance via conference call:

Mike Morneau




The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).




A.  Report by Stan Yellott.

Stan reported that the Colorado Technology Summit will be held on July 19th.  Luncheon tickets are being sent to the PO Box.  Registration for the summit itself can be done at the Oracle Web Site.


Stan also reported that it is time to start thinking about who to nominate for the Doug Faughnan award.  Nominations need to be sent to Rich Baca in October so it can be decided on during the Fourth Quarter Meeting.  Rich will send out the guidelines to the Board.


The RMOUG Overview has been sent to the Board for review.  Stan is working on a pamphlet/package to give out.


RMOUG is going electronic.  The August meeting announcement is the last one to get mailed.  The members need to provide e-mail addresses.  The August meeting announcement needs to be up on the OTN and Oracle Website.  The November 15th meeting is the same week as Oracle Open World.  Oracle will not be able to provide a speaker, but the Board felt it was okay to go ahead with the meeting.


IOUG-A has sent a letter stating they will not be able to support larger, self-sustained Users Groups.  Heidi will contact them about the Nov. meeting grant money which we did not receive.



B.  Report by Elizabeth Boss

Elizabeth Boss reported that the YCC contract for Training Days 2003 shows an increase in fees of 25%.  YCC asked for $35 per attendee, 10% Exhibit up to 25 booths, then 30% above 25, and 10% of Sponsorship up to $10,000 and 30% above the $10,000.  The contract is still being negotiated.



C.  Report by Rich Baca.

Rich Baca reported that he would like all Board Members to let him know approximately how many volunteers they need so he can put together a volunteer list to e-mail the membership.



D.  Report by Diane Ambrose.

Diane Ambrose reported that she would love feedback on the membership survey.  It was suggested to include the survey with the August Meeting announcement and hold a drawing for whoever turns it in.  Different giveaways were discussed, including a possible free attendance to TD.


The Board discussed whether or not to hold the Golf Tournament or a member picnic.  Due to worry about the lack of sponsorship, the Board felt the Golf Tournament would not be able to break even.  It was also decided that it was too late in the year to plan a picnic and so the Board will defer any member activities this year.


Heidi inactivated 519 unpaid members after July 1st.  The membership is down to 1474.  She felt the membership counts went down a lot due to the economy—companies decided not to renew or the contacts for the companies were no longer with the company.  There were a lot of returned invoices.


E.  Report by Jenny McGurk.

            Jenny McGurk reported that there was $108,000 in the Business Savings account and $59,000 in checking as of June 30, 2002.  Everything has been moved from Quicken to QuickBooks.


F.      Report by Mike Morneau

Mike Morneau reported that the Pikes Peak Oracle Users Group will hold a Meeting on July 18th at the Polo Club in the Embassy Suites at the North end of Colorado Springs.  Their conference will be held on October 11th, also at the Polo Club.  Mike will send the information to Ron Bich and Rich Hata to be posted.


G.     Report by Ron Bich

Ron Bich reported that for the current time RMOUG will need a host to develop the current Information Systems requirements.  FatCity is $80 a month.  Ron is putting together an RFP.  We are looking at some expenses in the future.  The Board discussed different technologies for implementing the web site.  Forms and Reports 6I would be a thick front end which would be an issue, and then front end with Java and JSP’s would need to be used.


RMOUG needs to develop a members-only section on the web site.  Approvals will be done via e-mails so we can get started as soon as possible.  Ron is using Stan’s RFP as an addendum on the list servers.  We will keep Verio as a front end so we do not need to change the DNS>


D.  Report by Tim Gorman.

Tim Gorman reported that he will work with Ron to design or set about posting content and contact information.  He will put together a spreadsheet for managing contributor contact information and which area it goes it (i.e. Newsletter Articles, General Meeting speakers, etc).


Tim also reported that he met with Dr. Abel Moreno of Metro State College of Denver.  Abel is available to assist RMOUG in getting sponsorship for meetings and also for contact for student chapters.  Tim is waiting to hear back from Aimee Blue and Don Archer with Regis University, and he spoke with the system administrator at DU.  Stan, Allison, Tim and Diane will meet to decide how to go about promoting student chapters of RMOUG after they find out what the school rules are.


Wildernest property management has given Tim some information on vacation packages available during Training Days.  RMOUG decided that they will give out information as “opportunities available,” but will not include it as part of a Training Days package.  Getting the information together is something that needs to be done quickly.  RMOUG might do some event during the weekend like meeting at a comedy club.


Tim also reported that a generic policy about e-mails and the list servers needs to be done.  Guidelines need to be posted on the website where sign-ups are.  Debra will work on the wording.



IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on August 12, at 4:30, at Mincom.


There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.





Debra Addeo