RMOUG Minutes 7-22-2004






A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on July 22, 2004 at 4:32 p.m. at Englewood, Colorado.


I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:


Bill Schwartzkopf

Ron Bich

Candi Hoxworth

Peggy King


Conference Call-In:

Tim Gorman

Chip Briggs

Wayne McGurk


Also in attendance:

Heidi Kuhn




The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).






A.  Report by Peggy King.

Peggy King reported that the July 2nd Training Days planning meeting went very well.  They went through the abstract process and signed a contract with John Jeunette with Prairie Systems to use his abstract tool for $500 per conference.  The Training Days Call for Abstracts postcard went out July 7th or 8th.  There is an ad in IOUG-A’s Select Magazine that should be coming out soon.  Because the meeting went longer than expected, it was continued July 19th to review the YCC contract.  There are still some questions that the committee is waiting to hear back on.  The edits should get to YCC next week.  The committee tried to define sponsorships and exhibitor reporting and clarify expectations.


For Training Days 2005, the budget had a 10% increase across the expenses with a weighted increase on income.  Exhibitors were asked to help pay for the internet café.  Since one exhibitor has said no, the committee will need to discuss this at the next planning meeting.  If everything is as planned, Training Days 2005 should average a $4000 profit.


The next TD 05 planning meeting is scheduled for 5:00 pm August 9th at SageLogix.  They will review Track Coordinator expectations and move on submission review.





B.  Report Ron Bich.

Ron Bich reported that he would like a call for website volunteers to go out in the monthly President’s message to the membership.  The bug tracking software should be installed soon if it is not already.  The on-line membership application should be running soon.  Ron would like to get Oracle installed on the second RMOUG server for the membership system.


Ron has asked that each Board member be responsible for content on their corresponding web page.  The board discussed having the vendor brochure available on a vendor area of the website with a link on the main menu page.  Candi said that she would work on it.  Ron will help her if needed.


C.  Report by Tim Gorman

Tim Gorman reported that the Board e-mail change-overs should all be done.  Tim will work on updating the Board Page.  In addition to the bio and picture, Tim would like the most recent copy of the duties of the Board positions.  The Board members can edit and modify it as they see fit.  Tim would also like to see the Board Members build measurable goals for their positions.  Some positions are built in, such as Programs, Newsletter, and Training Days.  Others will need to decide what they would like to accomplish.


Tim also needs to follow up on the CSU scholarships and find out how the checks should be written.


For the Sigs Director, Tim felt it would be best if Chris took over the membership position for e-mail purposes.


Tim also reported that Stan will be meeting with Laura Epstein to get a timeline for the next Newsletter.  Peggy and Wayne said that they could put together content for Training Days 2004 article.  The Board would also like to get a short article about the Pine Creek students.  Ron Bich said he would contact Denise Gardiner about her class’s participation.


D.  Report by Wayne McGurk

Wayne McGurk reported that the next General Meeting will be held August 27th.  He still does not have a location lined up.  An e-mail will go out to the membership later today and the abstracts are due August 13th.  A decision on the presenters will be made on August 17th.  My Favorite Muffin will cater the event.  Candi said that should be ask about using a location at the DU campus.  Parking will need to be arranged.  As a back-up, Wayne has e-mailed Gary for the Oracle Building.



E.  Report by Chip Briggs

Chip Briggs reported that Kirit has updated and reconciled the RMOUG Books.  We made a profit of $24,264 last fiscal year and need to pay $3640.00 Federal Taxes and $1043 State Taxes.  Because the books were not reconciled last fiscal year and also Kirit numbered all the accounts, Kirit’s charges were higher than the normal quarterly charges.


Peggy asked about lining up the Training Days 2005 categories with the same ones for RMOUG’s QuickBooks.  Heidi will check into that.



IV. ADOPTION OF DOCUMENTS/PLANS.   The following motion to accept the following Information System Policies with rewording of Item #9 was passed by a majority vote of the Directors.


A.     The motion to approve the Training Days 2005 budget was adopted by a majority vote of the Directors.

B.       The motion to approve the Eminance Group’s invoice for $1075.00 for revising and revamping Quickbooks, reconciling 2003-2004 Bank Statements, make year-end adjustments, and preparing Federal and State Taxes was adopted by a majority vote of the Directors.



V.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on August 27, 7:30 am at the General Meeting location.


There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.





Robin Reed