RMOUG Minutes 7-14-2005






A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on July 14th at 4:52 p.m. at Littleton, Colorado.


I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:


Ron Bich

Peggy King

Robin Reed

Chip Briggs

Eric Hernandez

Jeff Meyer

Bill Schwartzkopf

Barbara Lewis


Also in attendance:

Heidi Kuhn


The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).





A.  Report by Ron Bich.

Ron Bich reported that he would like everyone to check out the Board Positions and Responsibilities.  He would like to have the remaining director positions on the Members Page.   Also he would like to see a short paragraph identifying the officers and a link to their responsibilities in the about page.


He also reported that AMX International has sent us an e-mail and would like to partner with us and possibly do a sponsorship.   The board recommended that he contact Tim to see if we can work with them on their contacts with the PeopleSoft and JD Edwards user groups and Allison Leech to talk to them about sponsorship opportunities


Currently, the IOUG-A liaison is Stan Yellott.  Since he is no longer on the Board, the SIGS director, Tim Gorman, should probably take over and Ron will contact Tim and ask him if he could do this.


B.  Report by Bill Schwartzkopf.

Bill Schwartzkopf reported that Graebel could be a possibility for a meeting facility in August.  Ron Bich will forward the contact information to him.  Red Walrus is already on-site for catering.  Heidi has also received an e-mail from D.U. about possible sponsorship.  She will forward the e-mail to Bill.  Currently there are a possible 3 sessions.  Heidi will send out a call for presentations to the Announcement list server.  The meeting was originally scheduled for August 19th.  We discussed possibly moving it to the 26th.  Since that is not Labor Day weekend, it would work better.  We will check for availability.


C.  Report by Barbara Lewis.

Barbara Lewis reported that she is updating getting the new Board page with new members information on the website updated.  She pass around a copy of the web page in an effort to garner more correct BOD information:  company names, phone numbers, bios, size of photos, etc.  Some members made corrections to their section on the page.  Others offered to email her.   wanted to know if everyone wanted company names.  It was decided to leave it up to the individual Board Member whether or not they want their company name.  She will update the home page and events page with new BOD and get the Quarterly Educational Workshop and General Meeting information. into production.


Barbara also reported that she met with about half of the web maintenance volunteers who are interested in voluntering.  Their backgrounds vary from DBAs, Forms/Reports, and MySQL.  Andrew will be moving to Sweden and he is our current Maint01 person, so she will be looking for a replacement.  She will set up virtual monthly meetings in the future for the volunteers to call in to.


The e-mail server was down for about a week at the end of June.  Claire now has an alternate email addresses for Barbara, Ron, Heidi, and Peggy in the event there is web page downtime, again.  to contact in case that happens again.  Barbara will check into getting the e-mail system upgraded to cut down on some of the spam.  The October Board Meeting will be held at Mincom.  Barbara is working of setting a meeting with Mincom to review the Facilities Management Agreement (FMA) which will expire in January 2006.


Barbara ran the ticket submission process by the Board and requested that tickets be submitted to her versus ISProjVol.  New team member mentioned that would  feel more comfortable working one-on-one, on in their own “newsgroup” versus discussing tickets and how they resolve them in ISProjVol.  Peggy advised to begin using BugTracker again for this purpose.  Barbara agreed that this is a good idea.


Andrew and Barbara began the installed of Tomcat and are able to start it.  In order to complete installation, ports 8080 and 2401 They need an 80-80 port and 24-01 and will need to be opened by Mincom to do it.  Once installed, Barbara will work with Mincom Afterwards, they will need to run a security audit on these ports. after any major changes.  If Barbara needs help, she can call George Loewenthal.  Barbara also reported that a meeting with Mincom is still in the works regarding the renewal of the upcoming contract.


Barbara asked if there was a reason we prefer to used RCS over CSV.  Since CSV is easier to use, It is okay to install change  to this versioning product.


Andrew is working on the Membersship Only website login page. until he leaves.


Tony with IOUG said that we RMOUG is fully covered by IOUG’s are all set up for licensing for HTML-DB and the Web Team can work on the Members Only web site, and other sites/pages in this environment, if we like.  their web pageRight now we will keep the public website as is, versus work in it in HTML-DB.



D.  Report by Peggy King.

Peggy King reported that RMOUG will have trash bags to gather unneeded extras at the end of the TD 2006 and we will take them up to InterFaith.  The Board talked about delegations of duties.  Peggy felt that most of the volunteers come two weeks before Training Days unless they are part of the Paper Selection Committee.  Since the Board Members are already heavily involved in that, she didn’t see a way to delegate more at the moment.  John Jeunette’s software in the paper selection is very helpful.  Peggy would like better sorting and evaluations at the end that might highlight key words in the comments.


The call for Abstracts postcards will go out on August 3rd.


E.  Report by Chip Briggs.

Chip Briggs reported that the signature cards for the bank accounts have been done and that there is money in the checking account.  Kirit Merchant has the books and is finishing up year-end reports and taxes.  He should have those for us around the first of August.


F.  Report by Jeff Meyer.

Jeff Meyer reported that there have been two responses from the RFP, one from EPS Digital and one from Cenveo.  Jeff will talk to Stan Yellott and Rick Hata to hear any comments they might have.  Jeff will also talk to Cenveo for an explanation for their bid.  He will also contact YCC to see if they are interested.  We will have a final decision by the August Board meeting.


Jeff also reported that he is gathering articles for the next newsletter.  Tim had suggested that he have a peer review of the articles before they go in the newsletters.  There will be several ad contracts that are up for renewal.


III.   .  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on august 26th at 7:30 a.m. at a place to be determined in conjunction with the Educational Workshop.


There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.





Robin Reed