RMOUG Minutes 7-12-2007

MINUTES OF THE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
OF
ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on July 12, 2007 at 5:06 p.m. at Englewood, Colorado.

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

Bill Schwartzkopf
Peggy King
Linda Seley
Jon Arnold
Ron Bich
Chip Briggs
Allison Leech
John Peterson

Also in attendance:
Heidi Kuhn

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

II.  REPORTS.

A.  Report by Bill Schwartzkopf.
Bill Schwartzkopf reported that the Executive Board held a planning meeting on Tuesday to discuss the upcoming RMOUG calendar of events.  He also reported that the bookkeeper would be willing to prepare our non-profit application at $80 an hour.  The Board thought it would be a good idea to have the bookkeeper do the first application, and maybe go with a lawyer the second time around to guarantee that all the information is in alignment with what the IRS expects.

B.  Report by Peggy King.
Peggy King reported that the Executive Board went over the calendar for the year.  The following main RMOUG events were planned along with backward dating to make sure we stay on schedule.
Quarterly Educational Workshops (QEW)
Scholarships
Training Days
Newsletters

This working calendar is for the Board.  We can go down a version for membership.  The Board agreed that it would be a good idea to figure out a location for all the Board Meetings.  We will ask Barbara if we can have the meetings at Data393.  If not, the CDOT might be a possibility.

Peggy will be the “keeper” of the calendar.  She would like to put something in the RMOUG Newsletter for upcoming events.  She would also like updates on the webpage.

Peggy also reported that the IOUG Collaborate conference has agreed to the following provisions:

  • Cross-promotion- promote collaborate in email blast to membership
  • Flyer at November Quarterly Educational Workshop
  • IOUG Selection Speaker – they will have to go through the abstract selection process
  • RMOUG will hold a raffle for 1 complimentary registration for Training Days participant to attend Collaborate- we will pull their name out of a hat and have up to 5 alternatives.

To encourage RMOUG participation at Collaborate:

  • 1 session slot for an RMOUG Meeting
  • Encourage speakers to submit to the call for abstracts
  • Offer attendees and room monitors a free trade show pass
  • Board invited to the volunteer reception

IOUG is still thinking about the Sponsors/registrant discounts.  We should hear something back by the end of July.

Peggy also reported that the Training Days 2008 budget has been set for 600 participants.  The Exhibitor opportunities have changed and we will take away the name “Vendor Presentations” and instead have “Exhibitor Showcases” for Platinum or Gold Sponsorships only.  We will also give free “gold badge” tickets for managers to attend the 4 to 8 time slots Wednesday afternoon and then the reception.

Platinum sponsorship $8000

  • Exhibitor Showcase
  • Booth in exhibit hall
  • Double booth space
  • 2 conference registrations
  • 1 email advertising to attendees (advertise showcase and manager free pass)
  • Logo and sponsorship and link on RMOUG website

Gold Sponsorship $5000

  • Continental breakfast or bags
  • Booth space

Silver Sponsorship $2500

  • Raffle cards
  • Break sponsorship

Bronze Sponsorship $1500

C.  Report by Linda Seley.
Linda Seley reported that we haven’t received the year-end books from Kirit yet due to the Savings Account being dormant.  She deposited $100 and then withdrew it to make the account active.  She has also signed up for on-line banking.

D.  Report by Peggy King.
Allison Leech reported that Tekonics has contacted her about a presentation or sponsorships at a QEW.  She will contact them about sponsors getting 15 minutes at QEW.  Allison will get the TD 2007 vendor list to see if anyone’s interested in sponsoring meetings or running ads in the newsletter.

For the newsletter, the final review went in yesterday.  The newsletter should be out by the end of the month.  In the November issue, Allison would like more Board content and ideas.  She discussed giving business card advertisements and discussed different prices.  The Board discussed having a disclaimer for website, newsletter, and QEWs.

  •  Report by Jon Arnold.

Jon Arnold reported that he would like to contact Troy Contestable, the Oracle Liaison for RMOUG about finding an 11g technical presentation for August’s QEW.  He has contacted some hotels for the QEW and will get some information about the costs.

F.  Report by John Peterson
John Peterson reported that last year we allocated $5000 for scholarships and only awarded $1000.  He would like advertise a dollar amount, but the Board thought it would be better to leave it open to see what type of response we get first, then decide upon an amount at that time.

G.  Report by Ron Bich
Ron Bich reported that he would like to reinstate Chip as a Board Member and appoint him as the SIGS Chair.

Ron also reported that he has contact COAUG and has asked them to send in abstracts for Training Days 2008.  He is hoping to have a couple of presentations from them.

III.   MOTIONS.

    • The following motion to appoint Kirit Merchant with Eminance Management to do our non-profit application not to exceed $880 @ $80 an hour (10 hours) was approved by a majority vote of the Directors.

 

    • The following motion to formally call the scholarship fund the “Stan Yellott Scholarship Fund” was approved by a majority vote of the Directors.

 

    • The following motion to fund the Stan Yellott Scholarship Fund with $6000 budget to be awarded $3000 each November and May was approved by a majority vote of the Directors.

 

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held August 24th at 7:30 a.m. at the Next Quarterly Educational Workshop.

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.

 

_______________________________________
Jon Arnold
Secretary