RMOUG Minutes 6-8-2004

 MINUTES OF THE

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF

ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

 

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on June 8, 2004 at 4:49 p.m. at Englewood, Colorado.

 

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

 

Tim Gorman

Chip Briggs

Bill Schwartzkopf

Peggy King

Wayne McGurk

Jeff Meyer

Allison Leech

Chris Ostrowski

Robin Reed

Stanley Yellott

 

Also in attendance:

Diane Ambrose

Heidi Kuhn

 

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

 

II. ELECTION OF OFFICERS.  The following Officers were Elected:

 

Name:                        Tim Gorman

Office:                        President

 

Name:                        Bill Schwartzkopf

Office:                        Vice President

 

Name:                        Robin Reed

Office:                        Secretary

 

Name:                        Chip Briggs

Office:                        Treasurer

 

Name:                        Allison Leech

Office:                        Director of Education

 

Name:                        Wayne McGurk

Office:                        Director of Programs

 

Name:                        Stan Yellott

Office:                        Director of Newsletter

 

Name:                        Jeff Meyer

Office:                        Director of SIGS

 

Name:                        Chris Ostrowski

Office:                        Director of SIGS

 

Name:                        Peggy King

Office:                        Director of Training Days

 

Name:                        Candi Hoxworth

Office:                        Director of Vendor Relations

 

Name:                        Ron Bich

Office:                        Director of IS

 

Name:                        Open

Office:                        Director of Membership

 

 

III.  REPORTS.

 

A.  Report by Tim Gorman.

Tim Gorman reported that the Board needs to focus on what we want to accomplish in the next twelve months.  A discussion ensued about the core responsibilities and other things we would like to concentrate on.  Training Days, Newsletter, and Quarterly Programs remain our key priorities, and they take up a lot of time.  Tim expressed the need for delegation to help with these tasks.  We also talked about cutting down on the number of Newsletter issues per year.  The Doug Faughnan Award, IOUG-A Volunteer of the Year Award, and other awards can be combined to a Communication Liaison.  The Vendor Relations Director will keep the same focus.  The Scholarships and student contact are closely related and might be an Educational Liaison.  We would like to broaden the scope of the user group with things such as the Northern Group, Southern Group, and DBA/Developer focus which will fall under the Special Interest Group, or SIGS.  The SIGS need to work on a membership survey to see what members are interested in seeing out of the User Group.  Stan will work with the SIGS directors to develop a survey.  Other items to be worked on include the Monthly E-mails to the group along with the members-only website.

 

Tim also mentioned working on getting an advisory council of previous RMOUG Board of Directors to ask them questions.  They will have their own list server.  These will be previous members such as Kent Graziano, Brad Brown, Bill Lewkow, Bob Suehrstedt, Michael Del Toro, Linda Ruff, and Irene Ludwig.  It was also mentioned that we might want to get a focus group of current RMOUG members who are not on the Board but would like to give feedback.

 

B.  Report Peggy King.

Peggy King reported that she has had the first Training Days 2005 planning meeting.  Any Board Member is welcome to attend any of the meetings.  The next one will be held July 2, 2004 at SageLogix at 1:00.  This will be an involved meeting because the committee will be going over budgetary needs along with the online abstract information.  TD 05 will be keeping the same logo as 04.  Advertisements for the abstracts will be placed in IOUG-A’s SELECT magazine and also ODTUG’s magazine.  Peggy also wants all the Board Members to have backup presentations ready in case they are needed.

 

C.  Report by Wayne McGurk

Wayne McGurk reported that the next Quarterly Meeting will be held August 27, 2004.  He is targeting a downtown location and hoping to hold it at the Tivoli.  He will send Heidi an e-mail to forward to the Announcement list server.    Although we would like to explore different meeting options in the future, we will keep the same format for the August meeting.

 

 

D.  Report by Chip Briggs

Chip Briggs reported that the Fiscal Year end was May 31, 2004.  Heidi will be meeting with Kirit with Eminance Management Services to get the end quarterly information set up and reconciled.  There is still some deposit information missing from the credit cards that Heidi has run since February.  Currently we are showing a profit of $1560.90 for the year before the credits are entered.  There are only three issues of the newsletter for the Fiscal Year, which made about $9,000 difference in the budget.  Other items of note were that the expenses for TD 04 were down from TD 03.

 

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on July 14, at 4:30 p.m. at FirstData Corp.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

Robin Reed

Secretary