RMOUG Minutes 6-26-2008






A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on June 26, 2008 at 5:39 p.m. at Englewood, Colorado.

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

Peggy King
Linda Seley
Ron Bich
Niklas Iveslatt
Allison Leech
Barbara Lewis
John Peterson
Kathy Robb

Bill Schwartzkopf

Also in attendance:
Heidi Kuhn

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

II. ELECTION OF OFFICERS.  The following Officers were elected:

Name:              Ron Bich
Office:              President

Name:              Peggy King
Office:              Vice President

Name:              John Peterson
Office:              Secretary

Name:              Linda Seley
Office:              Treasurer

Name:              Bill Schwartzkopf as primary and John Peterson assistant
Office:              Director of Scholarship/Education

Name:              Allison Leech as primary with Niklas Iveslatt assistant
Office:              Director of Programs/SIGS

Name:              Allison Leech primary with Connie Schafer assistant
Office:              Director of Newsletter

Name:              Peggy King and Ron Bich
Office:              Director of Training Days

Name:              Kathy Robb primary Linda Seley assistant
Office:              Director of Membership/Vendor Relations

Name:              Barbara Lewis primary and Pat Van Buskirk assistant
Office:              Director of IS


A.  Report by Peggy King

Peggy King reported the Board assistant positions will be training type positions so that they can move up to the primary position next year.  Hopefully that will give us a lot more training for the position and will make the transition smooth.

In addition, Peggy reported that we have received requests from John Goodhue and Method R about combining our Quarterly Educational Workshop with something like a two day seminar.  The Board discussed this at length.  The main concern the Board had was how much benefit this would be to our members.  They decided that while we won’t sponsor the seminar as a joint event, we could do an announcement to the group in return for their sponsorship in either the form of a speaker or table.  For an outside Training Seminar, in return for active participation in our QEW, we will announce their workshop.

Peggy also reported that the Training Days committee needs to have a July planning meeting so we can get the Call for Abstracts postcards in the mail by July 15th.  We will combine the TD meeting along with an extended BOD meeting on July 10th at 5:00 p.m.

Peggy also discussed the Non-Profit response letter that needs to be submitted by Fax by June 27th (tomorrow).  We went over wording for the different questions asked.

B.  Report by Allison Leech

Allison Leech reported that she would like the Call for Papers for the August QEW to go out soon.  The Board felt the August 22nd meeting would be better than a meeting on August 15th.  Facilities and catering were discussed since we do not have a facility yet.

Allison also reported that she would like Heidi to do the Board Corner article due in August, Linda to do a Treasurer report, and would like to get the new Board Members and their pictures.  She would like to also highlight volunteer opportunities.

C.  Report by Barbara Lewis

Barbara Lewis reported that we need to update the resources page on the website.  Advertisers have the option of buying a logo, but we currently do not have any companies who are doing that.  The Board decided that it would be good to make the links part of the membership benefits.  Pat Van Buskirk will check the links to make sure they are active, then Heidi will check the membership.  Heidi will also do that annually in May.  Then Kathy Robb can take the information and solicit membership.

D.  Report by Linda Seley

Linda Seley reported that we lost money last fiscal year.  For the Membership, she and Kathy Robb would like to do a membership push in the September/October timeframe.

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on July 10, at 5:00 p.m. at Peggy King’s home.

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.



Jon Arnold