RMOUG Minutes 5-19-2006

MINUTES OF THE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
OF
ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on May 19, 2006 at 7:45 a.m. at Englewood, Colorado.

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

Ron Bich
Peggy King
Chip Briggs
Tim Gorman
Allison Leech
Bill Schwartzkopf

Also in attendance:
Kent Graziano
John Peterson
Linda Seley
Heidi Kuhn

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

 

II.  REPORTS.

A.  Report by Ron Bich.
Ron Bich reported that we have a quote of $1803 for general Liability Insurance for RMOUG.  This policy does not include special events like Training Days, but does cover us for most of what we do.  If we go with our own policy, that will keep us in-line for keeping us autonomous from IOUG’s insurance.

Ron also reported that we have one more nomination for the Board of Director’s elections.  George Lowenthal has agreed to run.  This will give us a full Board for the upcoming year.  After the Election of the new Board of Directors for 2006-2007, Ron will make announcements including the upcoming Training Days 2007 Meeting.  If anyone is interested, they can leave Peggy their e-mail.

Ron also reported that Barbara will not be able to make the meeting today, so we will table the IS discussion until the next Board Meeting.

Dan Hotka has offered to give hand-on seminars for registration fees.  The Board felt this would be a good topic for the Board to discuss after they fill their new positions in June.

B.  Report by Jeff Meyer.
Jeff Meyer reported that the newsletter is in the mail.  He needs more articles for the next issue and would like Ron to mention through the day at the Educational Workshop.

C.  Report by Peggy King.
Peggy King reported that RMOUG has a significant overage for this fiscal year.  She proposes that we pay 90% of the Convention Center room rental.  She will check into special event insurance.  We still have about $5000 outstanding exhibitor fees for Training Days 2006.  So far, our books and YCC’s book balance for expenses.  She would like to have the Convention Center contract signed which will give us access to both wings for 3 days for Training Days 2007.  Peggy also reported that she would like to hold a 2007 Training Days planning meeting in June to go over the Logo, pictures, etc. so the call for papers postcard can go out in July.  She is looking at Thursday, June 8th.

Peggy also reported that Oracle support was pulled from a conference recently.  The Board felt that we need to be prepared to pursue other groups to help broaden our perspective so Oracle will continue to support us.  Groups to pursue would be SNUGR, Quest (JD Edwards), DAMA Association, other user groups from other States.  Kent Graziano offered to contact the DAMA Association. The contract with IOUG can be changed at any time by either association.  The Victoria Users Group is sponsoring a 7 speaker symposium and all day workshop.

D.  Report by Bill Schwartzkopf.
Bill Schwartzkopf reported that everything is set for the Quarterly Educational Workshop.  Tim Gorman helped with the facility.  Brian Hirano will be giving a Town Hall type format to talk about current Oracle products and things on the horizon.

E.  Report by Allison Leech
Allison Leech reported that upon further discussion with the Relational Database session, she felt that the Vendors have a prominent role and that might offend our membership.  So Allison will let him know that we will pass at this time.  She will accept the responsibility to put together the August Educational Workshop.  She will also pursue granting scholarships for the upcoming school year.

F.  Report by Tim Gorman
Tim Gorman reported that he looked at IOUG’s Regional User Groups information.  They offer a decent website and domain hosting for a good deal, but it does not cover e-mails.  He also mentioned the Northern Ohio UG presentation that focused on keeping people interested over several years.

III.   MOTIONS

The following motion to proceed with Insurance through Stephan Dodd with American Family Insurance for a total annual fee of $1803 was passed by a majority vote of the Board of Directors:

Here is the estimate from our Underwriters based on the preliminary information that the three of us have gathered:

General Liability Coverage of 1,000,000/2,000,000:  $1,769.00
Terrorism Premium:  $34.00
Total Annual:  1,803.00

1million/2million is what most places will want.  I know you had one at 2 million/4 million, if you get one lets talk, no need to pay the premium for an entire year if you only get one request.  Maybe we could up the amount for that event.

General Liability only covers your organization and its members.  If you have an event where it is open to the general public you will need Special Events Coverage.  Your General Liability will cover all of your membership meetings and events.  You cannot sell alcohol at your events.

The following motion to pay 90% of the Convention Center Room fee based on the contract for 2007 was passed by a majority Vote of the Board of Directors.

 

C.  The following motion to purchase an additional backup laptop for Heidi and an Audio/Visual projector before May 31st was passed by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.

 

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on June 8th at 5:00 pm. at SageLogix’s new office.

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned at 8:35 am.

 

_______________________________________
Robin Reed
Secretary