RMOUG Minutes 4-18-2006







A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on April 18, 2005 at 4:44 p.m. at Denver, Colorado.


I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:


Ron Bich

Peggy King

Tim Gorman

Allison Leech

Jeff Meyer


Also in attendance:

Troy Contestable

Ann Horton

Heidi Kuhn

Vanessa Vedral

Greg Watkins


The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).





A.  Report by Ron Bich.

Ron Bich reported that he is pleased to introduce the new Oracle Liaisons.  Ann Horton is a longtime member who works in Oracle Consulting, Greg Watkins is also in Oracle Consulting, Vanessa Vedral is in support renewals, and Troy Contestable is the Tech Sales Manager.


Ron also reported that he forgot to bring the non-profit paperwork with him today, but he is trying to get together with Chip to submit the application as soon as possible.  We would like to achieve the 501(c)3 status as soon as possible so we don’t have to increase membership fees and to also get software donated.  He would like to get it submitted before the end of the fiscal year.  Last year we showed a loss.


Ron also asked the Oracle Reps about holding the Quarterly Meeting at the Oracle building.  Currently the basement is ripped up.  Other locations were discussed, including Regis University, DU, hotels, and community centers.  Since the next Quarterly Educational Workshop is scheduled for May 19th, we need to decide on a location by Friday.  Tim Gorman will call hotels to see what is available.  Bill currently has 1 presentation by Kent Graziano and is looking for three more.  Tim volunteered to do one and Ann Horton will look into doing a lunch and learn or regular presentation if her schedule permits.  Peggy will see if John can do one on 10G for Developers.


There are currently 1233 active RMOUG members.  769 are paid, 400 are not paid, and 61 are complimentary (Heidi’s not sure where the missing 3 are?).


B.  Report by Jeff Meyer.

Jeff Meyer reported that the material for the upcoming Newsletter has been turned in and is at the printer to be typeset.  He has a cover photo.  We still don’t have the Quest Software ad, but the others should be the same.  Heidi will send the new information on the IManager for the list servers.  Jeff is hoping to have the Newsletter in the mail by May 10th which is one week before the Educational Workshop.


C.  Report by Peggy King.

Peggy King reported that there is some outstanding income from exhibitors for Training Days 2006, but all the registrations are caught up and paid for.  She would like to close the books before the end of May.  Heidi needs to send her the Meeting One information so she can wrap up the expenses.  She feels that we will have between $2000-$4000 net profit.  The Board discussed making the Convention Center’s initial payment before the end of the year.


Peggy also said that she would like the Board to read through the TD responsibilities that she send and let her know if they have any comments/suggestions.


Peggy also reported that she is getting emails for IOUG’s RUGs.  The Board didn’t feel that they were totally committed to IOUG’s structure.  Peggy wanted to know if the Board felt we should have a presence at the IOUG RUG meeting at their upcoming conference.  The Board felt that if Peggy is interested in attending, that she can go, but it is optional.  Peggy will send Tim information since that is in line with the SIG responsibilities.  She will check into the RUG agreement with IOUG.


Peggy also reported that RMOUG should pursue getting liability insurance for Workshops and Training Days.  Tim Gorman volunteered to look into it.


Peggy also reported that we are currently shy 3 people for the upcoming Board of Director Elections.  Allison Lobato and Eric Hernandez will not be running again.


The Training Days 2005 Speakers who received complimentary memberships are up for renewal.  Heidi will send Peggy a file with their names to see if who will continue into the next year.


D.  Report by Tim Gorman.

Tim Gorman reported that he doesn’t have anything new going on with the SIGS.  For the Northern group, Rich Baca, Debra Elliott, and Mark Ashford could be good contacts.  Heidi thought that Mark Ashford no longer works for Swift and Company, but for CU Boulder (he does).  The Colorado Springs contacts could possibly be Joe Boncha or Kevin Kinney.



III.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on May 19th at 7:30 am at the RMOUG Quarterly Educational Workshop at a location to be determined.


There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.





Robin Reed