RMOUG Minutes 4-10-2007


A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on April 10, 2007 at 4:42 in Englewood, Colorado.

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

Peggy King
Linda Seley
Jeff Meyer
Ron Bich
John Peterson

Call In:
Debra Addeo
Barbara Lewis
Tim Gorman

Also in attendance:
Heidi Kuhn

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).



A.  Report by Peggy King.
Peggy King reported that Bill Schwartzkopf is in Iowa because his company is merging with another.  She has talked with IOUG’s Collab about next year’s conference that will be held in Mid-April in Denver.  Their management team wanted RMOUG to cancel Training Days, or to tag our conferences together, but RMOUG decided that would be not appropriate.  The Board discussed was to support Collab:

  • Provide advertisement
  • Provide local support –RMOUG reception
  • Room monitors
  • Speakers
  • Golf tournament
  • RMOUG information people circulating
  • Vendor percentage discount
  • Board dinner night
  • Budget to raffle a paid registration based on TD conference evaluations

The Board also talked about broadening RMOUG’s base to PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, and other/sister technologies and user groups.  The Membership, Education, and SIG Directors should get together and come up with a plan to keep the ball rolling.  They should put together a committee to get some volunteers to reach out to other user groups.  The committee will put together an announcement to send out a request to the RMOUG membership to get volunteers.

Peggy also reported that the May Board Elections will be held at the next Quarterly Educational Workshop held on May 18, 2007.  We need to send out an announcement to the membership.  Right now, it looks like we will be short for the twelve positions.  Heidi will email George, Allison, and Chip to see if they plan on running for the next Board Election.  Ron Bich will set up a URL for current Board Members to access their campaign statements from last year.

B.  Report by Linda Seley.
Linda Seley reported that the previous statement had $58,033.02 in checking, with $23,180 in receipts and $6728.89 in disbursements for a total of $74,484.13 in checking, $90,235.03 in Savings, for a total of $164,719.16 in RMOUG accounts.

The budget looks pretty good and the membership dues are coming in.

Linda will try to get together with Chip to see where the process for submission for Non-Profit status is at.  It was suggested that RMOUG might want to work with a lawyer to finalize the application.  We also need a lawyer to go over standards for the scholarship process.  Ron Bich will check to see if he knows of a non-profit trade group lawyer to interview or retain.  Anyone with recommendations should contact Linda.

C.  Report by Barbara Lewis.
Barbara Lewis reported that she has been working with Tim and YCC to post the Training Days 2007 presentations on the website.  So far, some of the data has been corrupted and power point won’t open them.  She hopes to get this resolved soon.

Pat Van Buskirk works for the NROA and they have offered to give us two servers with Linux that has the capability to install the applications that RMOUG needs.  We almost didn’t qualify for the donations since we are a trade group, so it would be helpful to get the non-profit application through.  Since Pat will be driving the servers up from New Mexico, the Board would be willing to pay for her hotel and travel expenses to Denver for the May 18th Quarterly Educational Workshop.  The receipts need to be sent to Heidi.

D.  Report by John Peterson.
John Peterson reported that he is working on the verbiage for the website for a scholarship application.

E.  Report by Jeff Meyer.
Jeff Meyer reported that the next newsletter’s production is going slower than anticipated and he has extended the deadline for news articles.


III.   NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on May 18th at the Quarterly Educational Workshop at 7:30 a.m. at a location to be determined.

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.


Debra Addeo