RMOUG Minutes 12-4-2001

MINUTES OF THE

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF

ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

 

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on December 04, 2001 at 4:30 p.m. at Englewood, Colorado.

 

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

 

Stanley Yellott

Jenny McGurk

Debra Addeo

Bill Schwartzkopf

Rick Hata

Dan Filkins

Tim Gorman

 

Also in attendance:

Ron Bich

 

Via conference call:

Elizabeth Boss

Rich Baca

 

Also in attendance via conference call:

Heidi Kuhn

 

 

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

 

II. REPORTS.

 

A.  Report by Elizabeth Boss.

Elizabeth Boss reported that YCC would like RMOUG to vote on dates for Training Days 2003 at the Denver Convention Center.  YCC’s first preference is March 4-6th.  Other events at the Convention Center include Construction & Equipment and Allergy & Immunology.  The second set of dates is February 3-5th.  The Home and Garden Show will also be going on.  The last set of dates include January 28-30th.  The Board would like to avoid this because the Home and Garden Show will be setting up.  The Board also felt they could not make a decision until they knew what the early registration dates would be.

 

Training Days will again purchase $50 gift certificates from SoftPro at $40 each.  Volunteer speakers will receive one gift per session.  Oracle University speakers only receive one certificate per person since Oracle is paying them to speak at Training Days.

 

YCC has found a good deal of soft sided briefcases.  They are $4 less than backpacks.  Elizabeth will have YCC send samples before deciding which she likes better.

 

So far there have been 21 booths sold, 4 sponsorships worth $11,000 sold, and 44 attendees.

 

Because Oracle Sponsorships are going to go down this year, the Board discussed whether or not to have the reception.  Elizabeth will look at the budget and see if the money is already in there.  Then the Board will look at the price for breaks versus the reception before deciding what to do.

 

YCC should provide financial reports on a regular basis.  According the contract, they will receive a penalty if the reports are not provided.  Jenny will contact Linda about the reports.

 

The Preliminary Agenda will go out December 7th.  The final notice postcard will go out December 28th.  Several speakers have cancelled and all the alternatives have filled in.  TUSC can volunteer some speakers to fill in as needed.

 

B.  Report by Jenny McGurk.

Jenny McGurk reported that we have $14,400 in checking and $58,000 in the Money Market account.  There is $5200 in outstanding bills and another $5300 for December bills that she knows of.  She would like a second copy of the bank statement to be sent to her.

 

 

C.  Report by Dan Filkins.

Dan Filkins reported that that he needs Mark Molnar’s information to tell what is going on with the membership contract.  To re-cap the Board’s position, RMOUG would like to defer signing of the contract with YCC until the next fiscal year.  We need to watch the cash flow carefully at each Board Meeting.  The Board Meeting after Training Days will be the best time to look at finances and pursue the contract with YCC.  Heidi has agreed to keep doing the membership services until then with help from Lee Ann Suehrstedt and Katharyn Sindt.  The Board is looking at YCC assuming duties in June, but the contract should be in place by April/May for the transition to occur.

 

D.  Report by Tim Gorman.

Tim Gorman reported that the $15 visitor fee for non-members is fair, but sometimes it is hard for newly laid-off people to pay for attending the meetings.  Heidi’s main objection to waiving the meeting fees is the use of the term “guest,” especially when other attendees are paying the visitor fee, which basically covers the cost of the food.

 

Handouts are no longer going to be provided at the meetings.  They will be available on the website a week before the meeting.  He has not had any contact with AITP for the May meeting.

 

E.  Report by Rick Hata.

Rick Hata reported that the newsletter is going to press next week sometime.  He’s targeting the newsletter to go out the first week of January.  Because of the timing, the Board felt it would be best to have the printer do the mailing again.

 

Rick has moved up the ad and article dates for the Spring Issue so that it will be out in time for IOUG-A Live.  It will be mailed by the end of March.  This will be a crunch, especially for the Training Days article.  Rick will solicit articles via e-mail for the Spring Issue.  The current costs are running $10,000 per issue.  There will be a web update column that Brad Brown will run.  Rick is also looking for short articles running 3-4 pages each.

 

F.  Report by Debra Addeo.

Debra Addeo reported that there are a lot of new things on the web.  She voiced some concerns over the Training Days agenda and will e-mail the schedulers.  She is working on getting the secure server for membership for Heidi

 

G.  Report by Bill Schwartzkopf.

Bill Schwartzkopf reported that everything for Training Days has been posted on the IOUG-A website.  It should be put in Select and Oracle Magazines, also.  Stan will find out if IOUG is going to send someone for the User Group booth at Training Days.  Bill Schwartzkopf will use RMOUG’s website links to other user groups in the area to inform them about Training Days.  He will also get something out to Metro to help build our exposure.

 

H.  Report by Stan Yellott.

Stan Yellott reported that he would like to put together another List server that has all RMOUG members on it.  Only messages from the Board of Directors will go out on it and there will be no two-way communications.  It will be part of membership processing.  Currently, there is a message in the new member packet about signing up for the list servers.

 

III.  ADOPTION OF DOCUMENTS/PLANS.

 

A.  The motion to transfer $10,000 from Savings to Checking to cover upcoming expenses was adopted by a majority vote of the Directors.

 

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on January 08, 2002, at 4:30, at Mincom in Englewood, CO

 

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

Rich Baca

Secretary