RMOUG Minutes 11-16-2007


A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on November 16 at Denver, Colorado at 7:49 a.m.

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

Peggy King
Linda Seley
Jon Arnold
John Peterson

Also in attendance:
Heidi Kuhn


The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).


A.  Report by Peggy King
Peggy King reported that things are progressing well for Training Days 2008.  She presented two volunteer shirts and the group decided to go with the brighter yellow for volunteer shirts for Training Days 2008.  For the speaker gifts, we will be doing a black shirt.  She also showed three different bags and the group decided upon the hand/shoulder bag.

Peggy also reported that registration is now open for Training Days.  Different this year is that registrants can elect to have their contact information shared with vendors.  The default will be to opt out of sharing information.  There are also choices for what type of information to share; email only, address only, both, or to opt out.

So far, all the speakers have confirmed.  There has been one cancellation.  There are six speakers for the University Sessions that are four hour classes available for an additional fee.  This helps to cover the cost for an extra day of room rental.

Peggy has also confirmed with the Wynkoop for the Volunteer Receiption.

Currently, there are three sponsors for Training Days:  Oracle Corporation, Santigo, and Global Software.  There are 9 exhibitors.  Heidi needs to send Peggy a reminder about the massage contact.

Peggy also discussed the Collaborate effort with IOUG.  We will talk about the upcoming conference at Training Days in addition to providing a link with registration confirmation for both ODTUG and Collab.  Peggy doesn’t know about the discounts for Collab yet because they haven’t gotten back to her.

Peggy would like to have an extended meeting in December about Board roles and what needs to be done.

Peggy mentioned that Chip Briggs is in charge of the SIGS group which includes communication between RMOUG and other groups.  We are looking to get more support in addition to other programs and workshops in outlying areas like Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.

Peggy also reported that she has a sign-up sheet for Training Days volunteers at the registration table.  Peggy will send out an e-mail about tasks.  Room Ambassadors get a free conference registration and are required to work four hours each day.  They are required to introduce speakers and collect evaluations.  Registration volunteers need to work Wednesday morning plus an additional two hours at the registration booth and they receive ½ price registration.

Peggy would like to get ideas about filling the Board openings.  The campaign statements are due in April, the Call for Board members go out in March.  In June, the Board decides upon the different positions that they would like to fill.

B.  Report by John Peterson.
John Peterson reported that there has been one application for the Stan Yellott Scholarship fund.  Josseph Jordan attends the University of Denver.  Heidi will notify Joseph about the award and get additional information.  John Peterson will follow up on who to send the check to for the award.

C.  Report by Jon Arnold
Jon Arnold reported that things for the Quarterly Educational Workshop today came together at the last minute.  The cost should run between $2500 and $2800.

D.  Report by Linda Seley.
Linda Seley reported that she has sent out 6 reports with up-to-date information from Quickbooks.  Currently RMOUG has 43,881.51 in checking, $91,861.18 in savings, and $13,920.14 in the Stan Yellott Scholarship Fund.  There needs to be an adjustment in the scholarship fund since Heidi coded some deposits wrong.

E.  Report by Barbara Lewis.
Barbara Lewis reported that we are closer to getting a members-only site up.  The database is up and going, now we are working on content and login inforation.



A.     The motion to award a Stan Yellott Scholarship to Joseph Jordan in the amount of $1500 to be distributed through the University of Denver’s purser’s office was adopted by a majority vote of the Directors.


IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held December 13 at 5:00 at Data393.

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.


Jon Arnold