RMOUG Minutes 11-14-2003

 MINUTES OF THE

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

OF

ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP

 

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on November 14 at 7:40 a.m. at Englewood, Colorado.

 

I.  QUORUM.  A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:

 

Tim Gorman

Chip Briggs

Ron Bich

Dan Fink

Peggy King

Wayne McGurk

 

Also in attendance:

Bill Coulam

Heidi Kuhn

 

The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).

 

II.  REPORTS.

 

A.  Report by Ron Bich.

Ron Bich reported that everything for the new motherboards on the RMOUG servers looked good on Tuesday, then several more hardware issues were discovered.  The worse case scenario is that we need a whole new system.  RMOUG may want to look at getting a backup system ourselves.  The Board decided to make a decision on whether to contract with YCC on hosting our TD registration at our board meeting on 01-Dec.  The plan would be to take this step if the problems with our own servers are not resolved by then.  It was decided to do a static page for Training Days that will have people contact Heidi for information since the Board was worried that members would not want to incur long distance charges.  We will e-mail the membership about the server problems and explore other backup systems.

 

 

B.  Report Peggy King.

Peggy King reported that she has flyers for Training Days 2004 to hand out.  One is information about the speakers, the other is information about volunteering to help.  The new catch phrase P9-90 refers to the 90 minute session tracks that will be held each day after lunch.  For room coordinator, Diane Ambrose will be the lead volunteer.  Jenny McGurk will be the registration volunteer coordinator.  The t-shirts will be heather and the volunteer shirts will be red.  Peggy felt it was very important to push sponsorships.  So far we don’t have any and that will leave us with a deficit of $20,000.

 

C.  Report by Dan Fink.

Dan Fink reported that he really needs everyone’s help on the newsletter.  He would like one single point of contact for the Vendor.  We only have two advertisers for the next issue.  We need to hit Quest Software and TUSC for renewals.  It would also be good to hit Veritas and HP for sponsorships.

 

There are two types of company memberships that we can hit for sponsorships; companies who want to advertise, and membership companies who might be able to help us with meeting space, office supplies, etc.

 

D.  Report by Chip Briggs

Chip Briggs reported that the Bookkeeping RFP had to be postponed.  We are still waiting on one last e-mail address and then Tim will sent a blast to the bookkeepers.  Once that goes out there will be ten days for questions and answers, then a review before the Close of Business Day.  It was decided due to timing issues that we will not link this to a Board Meeting, but rather do discussions electronically.  It was also decided that we would specify that the bookkeeping RFP will be for Jan. 1st through May 31, 2004.

 

Chip has purchased a copy of QuickBooks for the treasurer as approved in a previous motion.  Heidi will also get a copy so that she can exchange files with the Treasurer and the bookkeeper.  It was also proposed that Heidi will keep the checkbook and do the data entry.  The same approval of Board Members will be necessary, but once that is done she will be able to contact any of the executive Board Members to get a signature on the checks.

 

E.  Report by Tim Gorman

Tim Gorman reported that we will postpone any talk about merging with the Colorado Oracle Applications Users Group until a later Board Meeting.  We will push the update to the By-Laws to the May General Meeting along with the elections.  If a non-US resident applies for membership they will be limited to soft copies of mailings due to the cost of postage.

 

III.  ADOPTION OF DOCUMENTS/PLANS.

 

A.     The motion to purchase another copy of QuickBooks for $500 for the Administrator was adopted by a majority vote of the Directors.

 

IV.  NEXT MEETING.  The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on December 1, 2003, at 4:30, at a place to be determined.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.

 

 

 

_______________________________________

Bill Schwartzkopf

Secretary