RMOUG Minutes 10-11-2007
MINUTES OF THE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
ROCKY MOUNTAIN ORACLE USERS GROUP
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the above corporation was held on October 11, 2007, at Englewood, Colorado at 5:20 p.m.
I. QUORUM. A quorum was declared present based on the presence of the following Directors:
Also in attendance:
The following corporate actions were taken by appropriate motions duly made, seconded, and adopted by the majority vote of the Directors entitled to vote (unless a higher voting approval is stated).
A. Report by Jon Arnold
Jon Arnold reported that he has been having difficulty getting in touch with the hotels in Castle Rock. He discussed the Days Inn on Quebec, the Centennial Holiday Inn, and the Four Points hotel. The Four Points is good to work with, but their prices are slightly higher.
Jon would like to get the website updated with the date for the Nov. 16 QEW. The Board also discussed prices and talked about providing lunch.
For presenters, Jon will call Dan Hotka and George Trujillo. He would like another call for abstracts to go out tomorrow. He will have an Installfest or JDeveloper topic ready in case a speaker does not show.
- Report by Allison Leech
Allison Leech reported that she hoped to have the newsletter to the publisher by Friday, but it looks like she will be doing the editing over the weekend. Heidi will work with her on getting invoices out to the advertisers.
- Report by Peggy King (via e-mail and agenda)
Peggy King reported from e-mail the following:
- Please review your calendars and the calendar I sent and let me know what events you have anticipated or scheduled that take precedence over RMOUG.
- Calendar Outlook reminder – this did not work well, I am working on other options
- IOUG 2008 conference level of support – email to Megan at IOUG with options
- Training Days 2008 – current status for abstract (to date 95 presenters / 175 abstracts, 5 University Sessions,)
- Training Days 2008 – Reviewer’s link open, some abstracts have already been reviewed
Setting a selection meeting for Scholarship — have we received any applications? None, yet.
We have set a TD 2008 selection meeting for 10/18 at South Suburban Recreation Center Room 4 for 5:00pm to 9:00pm
We have received 5 University sessions — Tom Kyte, Jonathan Lewis, Brad Brown, Peter Koletske, Robert Freeman –my vote is to accept these and get the registration page updated and ready to post. Any thoughts;
- Brown, Bradley, Hands-on Application Express Full Day Session Application Development – ApEx (Application Express) University Session Novice SUBMITTED
- Koletzke, Peter, Fusion Development with JDeveloper 10g for Forms and PL/SQL Developers Application Development – Forms/Reports University Session
- Kyte, Thomas, All about binding & SQL Techniques Application Development PL/SQL University Session
- Lewis, Jonathan, Troubleshooting with Statspack and AWR Database Administration – Performance Tuning University Session Intermediate
- Freeman, Robert, Getting Started with RMAN
Reviews are starting to come in, please feel free to jump in on that any time.
Please let me know if anyone has any specific items to add to the agenda.
III. NEXT MEETING. The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held November 16, 2007 at the QEW at 7:30 a.m.
There being no further business, the meeting was duly adjourned.