Join the RMOUG Board! Deadline is this coming Friday 28-April
Attention: Deadline Friday 28-April 2017
The Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group (RMOUG) continues to be the leading locally organized user group in the country. The success of RMOUG can only be attributed to its members; the volunteers who support the activities of the users group, and the Board of Directors who provides direction for the users group.
It is time to begin the election process by opening the Call for Board Candidates for our next fiscal year.
The RMOUG Bylaws require the regular election of the Board of Directors. The Bylaws are available online at http://www.rmoug.org/about/bylaws/ and outline the makeup and duties of the Board of Directors:
- Directors must be current members.
- The range of the number of the Directors shall be an odd number between five and fifteen.
- The management, control, and government of the Corporation (RMOUG) shall be vested in the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors shall preserve, protect, and promote the interests of the Corporation and will be responsible for formulating the general policy of the Corporation in accordance with the expressions of the members.
Note: RMOUG’s current General Policies can be found online at http://www.rmoug.org/about/policies/
The Call for Board Candidates for the fiscal year starting 01-June 2017 and running through 31-May 2018 is officially open.
To run for the Board of Directors, you must:
- Be a current member of RMOUG
- Be able to participate in scheduled Board meetings (approximately 1 per month)
- Be willing and able to uphold the bylaws and policies of the organization
Those who are interested in running for the Board of Directors, please prepare and submit a short campaign statement and biographical sketch. You should include your reasons for running for the Board of Directors and your qualifications. If you are not a current member of the Board of Directors, you must list the event(s) or committee(s) on which you have participated and the name of a current Board member as a reference. Please limit your statement to one page. (Scroll down further to view a sample campaign statements included with this message.)
Campaign statements must be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, April 28, 2017 by email to the current RMOUG President at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the process, please email email@example.com